Finally 21 October is here… that means Far Cry 2 is here . Here are the system requirements so you’ll know if you need to check your wallet for an upgrade.
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better
- Shader Model 3 required
- 256 Mb of graphic memory
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- Hard drive space: ~12 Gig or HD space. (tbd)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better
- 512 Mb of graphic memory
- Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended
PCGames Hardware published an Far Cry 2 benchmark. You can see the results here . It looks like the game is pretty well optimized, it can tell the difference between a quad core and a dual core processor, not like other games…you know what game I’m talking about….it starts with “Cry” and it ends with “sis” .